See how we’ve responded to and delivered the brief for our valued partners
Since 2012 Proco Global has developed a strong relationship with Gentherm following the successful placement of their Vice President, Lean Transformation and Vice President, Manufacturing & Engineering.
Gentherm approached Proco Global with a search assignment for a Managing Director for their operations in Asia to replace the current incumbent who had been promoted internally.
The role would have P&L responsibility for all operational activities throughout Asia Pacific reporting to the President of the automotive business. Covering a remit that included Manufacturing,
Maintenance, EHS, Quality, Lean Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Procurement, Real Estate & Facility management.
It was important that the successful candidate had experience from a shop floor environment, the ability to create a robust Lean Management culture across a region (such as Asia), matched with a solid understanding of P&L across multiple locations in a variety of different countries.
Strategy for attracting suitable candidates:
- Global market mapping of competitor businesses focussing on candidates with experience working in Asia within Operational leadership.
- Discreet approaches made to our network of current candidates and via a combination of referrals, market mapping and direct head hunt calls.
- Identifying a long list of 164 candidates, for the position and delivering a shortlist of five candidates from the target companies list (agreed at the start of the search) from key competitors.
- Market mapping in the morning to reach the Asian market, afternoon for the European market and evening for the US market to ensure total global coverage
- All five shortlisted candidates were taken through to first stage interviews
- Three candidates (one based in Luxembourg, one in Japan and one based in Germany), progressed to final stage interview
- All final stage candidates had a minimum of five years’ experience working in Asia for Gentherm’s key competitors.
- Completion of the mandate was within agreed timescales